Musings from a Writer’s Brain Blog Submission Instructions
Hi, and welcome to Catherine Castle’s Musings from a Writer’s Brain. If you are interested in being a part of this blog series, and haven’t received an invitation from me, please contact me via the contact page on my website. Please do not send any posts until you have been assigned a post date.
This blog is meant to entertain readers with essays about things in your life, writing related posts (think writing tips not promotional blogs for your book), humorous posts and other essays. No political posts are allowed on this series. I do promote most writing genres, but ask that any books promoted here are clean (no bad language). If your book is a romance, I’d like to be a sweet romance (no open door love scenes). If you are unsure of your book’s heat level, please ask and I can help you decide if it will fit my parameters. On occasion I will host an author whose book might be a bit on the sensual side. If I decide your book needs it, I will post a warning to readers of sweet romance. Occasionally I may need to edit a post for length or content. If I feel it needs too much editing I may not be able to accept the post.
For an idea of what kind of posts I’m looking for you can check out the blog posts under Musings from a Writer’s Brain by searching on the search bar at the top of this page.
Here’s what I’ll need from you should your book be accepted:
In a SINGLE Word document please send:
- Your post, author bio, blurb for the book you’d like to promote. The total word count should be kept to 1,500 words.
- Buy link(s) for the book you are promoting.
- Your website link.
- 3 social media links. Please hyperlink the URL to the social media words that best represent the site. E.I Facebook, Blog, Website, Twitter , etcetera. If you send more than 3 social media links I will choose 3 for you—most likely FB, Twitter, and one other.
- Please send the post, bio, the buy link for your book, genre of book and romantic heat level (if applicable), and 3 social media links in one word document attachment.
Please combine the items listed above into one Word document, in the order listed so it will be easier for me to load. POST, BLURB, BUY LINKS, BIO, SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS.
AS SEPARATE attachments from your Word document please send:
- Book cover as a .jpg
- Author headshot as a .jpg
- Any other .jpg photos you’d like to include with your post. Please send all these as SEPARATE attachments, not embedded in the word document. Let me know the source of any additional blog post photos you send and the links where they came from if they are not owned by you. I don’t want to post anything that might be copyright infringement
- Please send your pictures as .jpgs as other picture formats do not download as easily on WordPress.
Please send all of the required documents to me at least two weeks before your blog date. Earlier is fine. When I have the blog scheduled and have a permalink, I will send it to you. The permalink you receive will go live on the day of your scheduled post. If you try to access the post before then WordPress will tell you it’s not there.
The post will go out to my social media outlets: FB, Twitter, Goodreads, Amazon Author page, but please post on yours as well to help insure you have guests. I will retweet your post several times on the scheduled day or throughout the week to help promote you.
If you send me your twitter handle I will put it in the tweet so you will receive the promotional tweets.
If you don’t already follow me on any of my social media platforms, please consider doing so on the platform of your choice. You can find me at:
If you don’t already follow me on any of my social media platforms, please consider doing so on the platform(s) of your choice. You can find me at:
Catherine’s blog: https://catherinecastle1.wordpress.com/blog/
Catherine’s Amazon author page: https://www.amazon.com/author/catherinecastleCatherine’s Goodreads page: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/7085414.Catherine_Castle
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AuthorCCastle @AuthorCCastle
To make it easier to know when you have a comment on your post, click the “notify me of comments via email” box in the bottom of the comment box before you hit publish on the first comment you make on the blog. After doing so, you will receive an email notification every time someone leaves a comment on your post. Or just follow my blog and you can get the posts delivered directly to your email box.
If you have additional questions please feel free to contact me via the contact page on my website, or directly if you already have my email address.
I’m looking forward to hosting you!
Catherine Castle, multi-award-winning author