Hi, and Welcome to Catherine Castle’s Tasty Tuesdays blog series. If you are interested in being a part of this blog series, and haven’t received an invitation from me, you can contact me via the contact page on my website, Please, do not send any posts until you have been assigned a post date.
This blog is a food blog and features original recipes. The recipe is the main feature of this series. Authors wishing to participate in this series may also include a blurb about their books and a cover photo. I do promote most genres but ask that any books promoted are clean, with no bad language. If your book is a romance, I’d like to be a sweet romance (no open door love scenes) If you are unsure of your book’s heat level, please ask and I can help you decide if it will fit my parameters. On occasion I do host an author whose book might be a bit on the sensual side. If I decide your book needs it, I will post a warning to readers of sweet romance if I feel your book might need it. Occasionally I may need to edit a post for length or content. If I feel it needs too much editing I may not be able to accept the post.
For an idea of what kind of posts I’m looking for you can check out the blog series Tasty Tuesdays by searching on the search bar at the top of this page.
Here’s what I need from you should you be accepted for a guest blog slot:
In a SINGLE word document, I need the following:
- Your recipe. Original recipes developed by you; family recipes from your mother or grandmother or aunt, or friend’s recipe box, of which you cannot determine an origin; or a recipe from another source which you have significantly changed and adapted as to make yours are acceptable. Do not send a recipe that you have copied directly from a cookbook, magazine, or other source. If you are using an adapted recipe please indicate how you’ve changed the recipe. I do not want to run into recipe copyright issues.
- If the recipe plays a part in a book you want to promote please send a short–short post telling the reader how this tasty tidbit fits into your book. Please keep in mind that I try to keep the entire post to 1000-1500 words or less, so I may need to edit for length if your short-short post is too long.
- Book blurb for the book you want to promote/spotlight. Please keep in mind that my brand is sweet and inspirational, so if your book has open door loves scenes or a lot of language, it might not be acceptable for my readers. If you are uncertain about your book, please ask for further clarification. If there aren’t a lot of the aforementioned elements I can post a warning to my sweet readers so they don’t get shocked.
- Buy link(s) for the book you are promoting
- A short bio.
- Your website link
- THREE social media links you want to include. Please hyperlink the URL (that starts with the http://) to the social media words that best represent the site. E.I Facebook, Blog, Twitter , etcetera. Often the link that contains the http beginning is embedded in a longer word link when you copy from the internet and WordPress doesn’t like that long word link and will refuse to link to your sites or books. If you send more than 3 social media links, I will winnow the choices down to 3 for you, usually your website, twitter and facebook. If you send me your twitter handle I will include it in the tweets I send out so you will see it on your feed.
Please combine the items listed above into one Word document, in the order listed so it will be easier for me to load. RECIPE, POST, BLURB, BUY LINKS, BIO, SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS.
As separate attachments from your word document please send:
- A photo of the recipe that you have made. Please make this a .jpg and send it separately, not embedded in the post. You can indicate where you’d like the picture to go if that matters to you, otherwise I’ll put the picture at the top of the post.
- A .jpg book cover of the book you want to promote.
- Your headshot, also a .jpg.
- Any pictures besides your head shot and book cover need to be ones you have taken or in the public domain. Please include the links to your public domain pictures
In addition to the word document, please send your book cover, head shot, and any photos you want included in your post as separate .jpgs. Please make your pictures as small as possible when sending as WordPress often has trouble loading if they are close to, or larger than, a MB. This will help me so I don’t have to do extra work to reduce them
Occasionally I may need to edit a post for length or content. If I feel it needs too much editing I may not be able to accept the post.
Please send all of the required documents to me at least two weeks before your blog date. Earlier is fine. When I have the blog scheduled and have a permalink, I will send it to you. The permalink you receive will go live on the day of your scheduled post. If you try to access the post before then WordPress will tell you it’s not there.
The post will go out to my social media outlets: FB, Twitter, Goodreads, Amazon Author page, but please post on yours as well to help insure you have guests. I will retweet your post several times on the scheduled day or throughout the week to help promote you.
If you don’t already follow me on any of my social media platforms, please consider doing so on the platform(s) of your choice. You can find me at:
Catherine’s blog: https://catherinecastle1.wordpress.com/blog/
Catherine’s Amazon author page: https://www.amazon.com/author/catherinecastle
Catherine’s Goodreads page: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/7085414.Catherine_Castle
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AuthorCCastle @AuthorCCastle
To make it easier to know when you have a comment on your post, click the “notify me of comments via email” box in the bottom of the comment box before you hit publish on the first comment you make on the blog. After doing so, you will receive an email notification every time someone leaves a comment on your post. Or just follow my blog and you can get the posts delivered directly to your email box.
Thanks, and I’m looking forward to hosting you.