bestselling authors, Carousel Christmas, Christmas romances, dessert recipe, Laura V. Hilton, Mint Chocolate Chip Brownies, Winter's Kiss Collection
Today’s Wednesday Writers’ guest is Laura Hilton, back visiting with a recipe from her upcoming November 2017 release. Laura’s story, Carousel Christmas, is part of the Winter’s Kiss Collection which has six Christmas romances with a Christian message from bestselling authors.
I don’t know about you, but mint, chocolate, and brownies are three of my favorite things. Can’t wait to try this recipe.
Winter’s Kiss releases November 7, and is up for presale now on Amazon
By Laura V. Hilton
Romance sparks for Noelle and Nick as they work together to decorate the carousel barn and relationships begin to be healed.
Mint Chocolate Chip Brownies
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min. + chilling
YIELD: 72 servings
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1 c sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 can (about 16 ounces) chocolate syrup
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 1 c all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 2 c confectioners’ sugar
- 1 T water
- 1/2 t mint extract
- 3 drops green food coloring (optional)
- 1 package (about 10 ounces) mint chocolate chips or semi-sweet
- 1 stick plus 1 T butter, cubed
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in syrup and vanilla. Add flour and salt; mix well.
- Pour into a greased 13×9-in. baking pan. Bake 30 minutes (top of brownies will still appear wet). Cool on a wire rack.
- For filling, in a small bowl, cream butter and confectioners’ sugar; add water, extract and food coloring until blended. Spread over cooled brownies. Refrigerate until set.
- For topping, melt chocolate chips and butter. Cool 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Spread over filling. Chill. Cut into bars. Store in refrigerator. Yield: 5-6 dozen.
About the Author:
Laura V. Hilton is an award-winning, sought-after author with almost twenty Amish, contemporary, and historical romances. When she’s not writing, she reviews books for her blogs, and writes devotionals for blog posts for Seriously Write and Putting on the New.
Laura and her pastor-husband have five children and a hyper dog named Skye. They currently live in Arkansas. One son is in the U.S. Coast Guard. She is a pastor’s wife, and homeschools her two youngest children.
When she’s not writing, Laura enjoys reading, and visiting lighthouses and waterfalls. Her favorite season is winter, her favorite holiday is Christmas.
Connect with Laura at:
visit my blogs: http://lighthouse-academy.blogspot.com/ & http://lauravhilton.blogspot.com/
Purchase my books:
Barnes and Noble: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/s/laura-hilton?store=allproducts&keyword=laura+hilton
Deeper Shopping http://www.deepershopping.com/index.php?query=laura+hilton&x=0&y=0&module=productsearch&_logmode=Y&querymodule=SPX