At my house, garden season is in full swing. From bug killing (see my earlier post about Garden Wars), to spring cleaning; to mulching; to planting; the garden is taking every spare minute that blogging doesn’t. I’ve come to the conclusion, as I do every year, that I’m a garden junkie. If you are a gardener, are you a junkie too? Take this quick quiz to find out your junkie status.
You might be a garden junkie if…
- A picture of a garden … any garden … makes you gasp in ecstasy.
- You love the smell of newly laid mulch.
- You subscribe to every garden magazine you find.
- You carefully replant every earthworm you accidently dig up.
- Horse sh**t isn’t a curse word to you, but a source of free fertilizer.
- You plan your vacations around spring cleaning, summer blooms, fall blooms, and winter cleanup.
- You know the exact number and species of every tree, bush, and flower in your garden, and most of the weeds too.
- You always buy more plants than you can plant in one day.
- You know the garden center employees by name.
- You have more pictures of your garden in your smart phone than family members.
If you answered yes to number 1 you are definitely a beginning gardener. Don’t despair, just keep on digging and you’ll eventually reach junkie status. If you answered yes to numbers 1-5, you are well on your way to joining the elite. If you said yes to 1-9 then you are an avid gardener.
And if you said yes to all 10, statements, you, my friend, are a garden junkie.
Welcome to the club!